APPLE, HONEY, CHEESE SANDWICH
We happily lived on these while on a budget stay in Mexico. Looking to save some pennies? Just make a quick stop at a market and grab these four simple ingredients. Whether home or away, this is a road favorite that never fails to satisfy. And it gets 10 stars for picnic-ability, too!
- Cut an apple in two (suggested: Honeycrisp, Fuji or similar) and make thin slices.
- Spread honey on two slices of bread.
- On one piece of bread, layer the thin-cut apple slices on top of the honey. Layer on cheese. (Suggested cheese: Oaxaca or Mozzarella. Use Pepper Jack for a spicier flavor).
- Slap the second piece of honey-smeared bread on top.
- Ready your mouth for a crisp, sweet, delicious treat.
Makes one sandwich.
Recipe & 📷 by Richele